Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

Shutdown Sing-a-Long





I am not going to write a full post about Obamacare and the resulting government shutdown.  I will in due time.  Right now, I am still fuming from everything happening at the hands of greedy, selfish maniacal nutjobs (ie. Tea Party GOPs).  I don't blame President Obama.  I blame individuals like Senator Ted Cruz (TX) and Michele Bachmann (former Minnesota Representative) for their lies and batshit crazy ways.  By the way, Bachmann is running for Congress.  CONGRESS!!!  I wouldn't want people like that managing the Papa Johns or McDonalds down the street let alone acting as leaders within the US government.  And they are 'acting'.  Can you feel my smoking anger?  That's why I'm saving my energies so I don't punch a hole through the wall.  If I start writing about it now, I may end up throwing my computer out the window.  I'm not kidding.  I only hope that people wake up and realize the Republican party has been hijacked by a bunch of sadistic demonic individuals who care nothing about you and me.  I have nothing against Republicans or Conservatives.  What I don't like is people claiming to be leaders and proponents of 'American' values who are nothing of the sort.  I'm done. 

With that being said, here's a mix to set your toes to tapping and lift your heart alight.  I picked 17 songs because it is by October 17 that the 16.7 billion dollar debt must be raised to avoid a meltdown within our economy.  The music is a total reflection of the stuff I listened to at 16-18.  Lots of grunge and punk.  I will write PARENTAL ADVISORY here so that folks reading this know that the following songs have graphic language.  I figure why censor my true feelings, right?  This list of songs reflects how I feel about the resistance against nationalizing health care and shutting down the government.

So through song, I am showing you what at this time I cannot express in words.  So if you are offended by graphic and violent language, then perhaps you should close this window now and read another post of mine.  And if you're saying 'how dare you?', well it's my fucking blog.  If you take the songs I selected at face value and just think 'they all sound the same; it's just punk-metal anger music'.  Well you're wrong.  My mixes are selected very carefully and I think that each song tells a story.  And for the record, if you think I'm the one being grotesque, it just means you don't understand metaphor and figurative ideas.  For that matter, maybe you shouldn't be reading my blog at all.  See, I told you, I have a lot of pent up aggression from this whole mess in Washington. 

So without any more stalling, here it is.  17 songs of anger, frustration, and disgust. 

1) Washington DC by The Magnetic Fields



2) Take This Job and Shove It by The Dead Kennedys


3) Do They Owe Us a Living by Crass


4) No by The Subhumans


5) Straight to Hell by The Clash

6) Right Wing Pigeons by The Dead Milkmen


7) Last Caress by The Misfits



8) Liar by The Sex Pistols 

 

9) All Washed Up by The Urge


10)  Serve the Servants/Dumb by Nirvana

  

11) Comedown by Bush

 

12) March of the Pigs by Nine Inch Nails

13) Master of Puppets by Metallica

 

 14) Welcome to My Nightmare by Alice Cooper



15) Eat the Rich by Aerosmith 

 

16) Money by Pink Floyd



17) Money, Money, Money by Abba 

 

I hope you enjoyed my little Government Shutdown mix.  Feel free to download the songs and arrange them in an order of your liking.  Like I mentioned, a lot of the music (with the exception perhaps of Abba) is what I listened to when I was a brooding, foul mouthed teenager.  And I partially have my wife to thank for giving me the idea for this post.  I second my gratitude to my friend Leah who not only taught me how to be 'punk' but also helped me become the activist I am today.  So thanks to those two ladies.  Well, my energy is spent.  I've spent way too much time yelling at CNN today and now I'm going to relax with some tea and crossword puzzles.  Hopefully I won't have any nightmares tonight of people setting themselves on fire or ramming their car through the White House gates.  Seriously though, I think our country's fabric is tearing itself apart.  I say, sit back, buckle in and enjoy the show.  Keep your arms and legs inside the tram and fasten your seat belt because this is gonna be one hell of a ride.

Frustratingly angst ridden,

~R~

*I'm sure everyone got my reference above to the woman who tried to ram her car through the White House barricades and got herself killed.  I don't think it's funny at all.  I am however trying to make a statement that shit has gotten so crazy that upon waking up, you just don't know what to expect anymore.  Today on Capitol Hill, a man set himself on fire.  Yes, truly!  What will tomorrow bring?  Perhaps it will rain cats and dogs or pigs will fly to outer space.  It's a mad, strange world.

Man on fire

*If you like Michele Bachmann, watch this clip and then think about how you feel about her:
Batshit crazy Bachmann



And for something completely unrelated but hillarious, check out this prank called 'Skeleton Drive-Thru Prank'.  It's brilliant!:


No comments: